Glioblastoma

I am 2 1/2 years out

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Glioblastoma

Hi @BamaRob,

I just wanted to touch base and see how you were going...

Could you tell us a little bit more about yourself or your story? 

0 Kudos
BamaRob
New Contributor

I was fiagdiagn in jJanuar 2016. Had 2 craniotomies thst month the surgeon did not get a sufficient sample for biopsy first time. He did not want to do a resection. He thought it was too dangerous. I went to a better qualified surgeon in August that year had a successful resection all this left me without use of my left hand .I slsa lost some use of my left leg. My wife becsbe my caregiver.about a year later in julJ  2017 we found out that she had lung cancer. Then I, being disabled became her caregiver. We thought she had it beat as all the lung scans werew clear then early this year she became ill again. I took her to many doctors but none of them made tnt correct diagnosis until May 24 2018 at the ER. The lung cancer hsd metastized to her brain she had 5 tumors one the size of a man's fist (bigger than her heart) it was too late for treatment. She passed 23 days later on June 16,2018. I am not the same man I used to be. We were married 19 years.

0 Kudos
BamaRob
New Contributor

I left a message have you seen it?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.