Hair Loss

Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Hair Loss

Hey Dave Theere has been a history of spam on this hair post for quite some time. I used to get very irritated and then good old harker showed us the way with his humour. Most of the sites that we are directed to are actually short term money lending places. My understanding of most of these places is that they are extremely high interest and pressurised return 😉 ... lots of vulnerable people get on this site and not all are computer literate, hence me always commenting if it is a spam. WHo did you get to remove hair on your free flap? Julie
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Ahoy Sailor, Sorry if I spoke out of place and I do understand that people will try to flog things on different sites,So how do you differentiate between a person helping someone try a different brand of cream,spray or whatever the product is and the computer predator peddling their wares, it seems to me the only solution is just to not bother. tks for the friendly advice. Cheers Dave
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hiya Julie, Sorry I thought I was doing the righty,swapping hairpiece shops,brands of cream and sprays I thought would be helping people but if all sites are targetted what is the solution? The Hair on the free flap fell out during radiation,lol Cheers Dave
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Dave Solution as I see it is that we give the spammers heaps and continue swapping the good stuff amongst ourselves ... as we do :D Julie
0 Kudos
harker
Frequent Contributor

are you a dog or a cricketer? is there a difference? I thought Warnie had the hair replacement market sown up. yours is spam, mine isn't...and I'm happy losing my hair as I go along. I don't give a toss about hair replacement. Merry Christmas. H
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Dear Alex ... is it a prerequisite to writing spam that you need to talk a load of rubbish before you drop your little advertising bit in there?
0 Kudos
Sailor
Deceased

Hi Jules I think there has to be a postgraduate thesis, most likely a PhD, in research into why a blog on hair loss attracts so much spam. Any ideas? Cheers Sailor
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

hahaha ... I think it is "because they can" and it is the same person continually doing it. One would think they would get bored ... i think they see it as a challenge to come back time and time again. ho hum
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

I'm peeved because I keep missing the spam and just catch the responses! You would think that they would get bored though. S
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

I lost every hair on my body during chemo. Did it bother me? NO!! The only part I didnt like was no eyebrows or eyelashes. I loved the freedom of being bald. No more hair spray, shampoo, gel, etc. I dont like hats, and I tried on wigs at Look Good, Feel Better - they just weren't ME! Each to their own I suppose, but I, for one, loved being bald!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.