Hair Loss

Not applicable

Re: Hair Loss

Good thing after the rad treatment is I don't have to shave and all the hair on the floor of my mouth has gone,lol, that was the pits. It was growing that fast i could just about comb it. Dave
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave, I hope you dont mind, but you made me laugh with your comment about the hair on the floor of your mouth. I hope for your sake that the radiation has killed the hair growth for good! After reading your profile, I guess this was due to the free flap from your wrist. It never ceases to amaze me as to what surgical feats can be accomplished these days. I hope you are keeping well. Di
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Di, feel free to have a laugh as i meant it to be humorous but it was very annoying at the time and kept getting tangled in my food,I also have no teeth so have to gumm everything that is semi solid and that si a challenge..haha Dave
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave, Sometimes we just have to laugh dont we? Its good if we can also laugh at ourselves! I often make 'jokes' about my cancer/prognosis but unfortunately it upsets my partner and he doesnt see the funny side! I cant imagine what you have been through, with reconstruction, etc. Have you lost your teeth due to the op, or the radiation? The radiation business, I do understand. Although on different areas to yours, I know the damage it does to the taste buds, skin, etc. My theory on all of these treatments, no matter how bad they are, is: if it works, then all the side effects are worth it! I hope you are staying well. Have a good day! Di ps: thanks for the friend request!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Di, My teeth were pulle out before radiation as my Oral doc said I could have problems with them down the track, so here I am gummy bear,lol I did a lot of listening to the pro's and went with the worst case scenarios then it's easier to cope, also If the pain was bad then i would complain and not be the macho man and endure it, In the H & N some of us have a similiar treatments but different reactions to it and cope in different ways. hopefully we all have the same attitude....Think Positive....It has happened we can't do anything about it so deal with it as the support is there. Do you have names for the goats 2?? @Julie, no I am not having a dig at you,lol Dave
0 Kudos
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave, one good thing - think of what you save on tooth paste! I do have names for the goats actually - they are Bobo; Blaze and Ginger (the later two have red heads, hence the names). My partner and I made a deal 3 years ago when we purchased our 10 acres - anything that has a name - IS NOT FOR EATING! Needless to say, I name everything that moves. haha They are all my little babies!!!
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

lol Dave ... i even name spiders ... hopeless am I! @ DI ... I just bought toothpaste the other day ... 12 dollars for 56 g and toothbrushes were nearly 6 dollars each.
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

The spammers have gone beserk today!!! They seem to realy like this post!
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

are you the mesiah william or just a norti boy? bad bad spammer!
0 Kudos
samex
Regular Contributor

Nothing like preying on the vulnerable. Sapm,spam go away, Please don't return another day.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.