Hi There, First time for me blogging

mirkir
New Contributor

Re: Hi There, First time for me blogging

Dear Pete13 I haven't written for over a year. Till this message came and asked me how things are going. Well you told me you are lonely. My heart goes out to you and I understand what you are going trough. Because my wife Marla passed away last year on the 18th of December 2012. She succumbed to the cancer which affected the kidney and liver in the end. There was some hope Oct.2012 that she would be around Xmas 2013. The ferocity when the cancer came back was a surprise for us. And it didn't took long in fact (Feb/Dec 2012)11 months after a lot of suffering with massive doses of morphine to combat the pain. I prayed that the Lord would take her away and He did. But I can tell you that the loss has affected me deeply. And even now I feel the pain esp. this time of the year. For all those who are battling with cancer you Peter and Lou Lou and everyone else your loved ones the families. May you find renewed strength in the New Year 2014. God Bless you all. mirkir
0 Kudos
Pete13
New Contributor

Re: Hi There, First time for me blogging

Hi Mirkir, So So Sorry, My Heart Sincerely goes out to you! I am told Seeing Karen So well I mean She looks normal etc. Acts Normal, But Here is this Thing this UGLY HORRIBLE THING inside her, Add to this the surgery scaring inside and out,Some Pain And Slight differences Temperature control is a huge issue, Nausia,tummy pain,Aches More than usual Etc. And I can Only assume was and is the same for so many? There are days I just can not Fathom what I hear or see regarding this type of cancer! And Yes the Children even though mine are older and independent they are like me We are simply making the most of it We just celebrated Karen's 50th had a huge Party Close friends and Family, All of a sudden the garden and house work just seems so irrelevant. and we tend to go out more for Lunch etc. I can not imagine life with out her,or the 33 years together Now having a Stupid TIME limit put on it Sigh! GOD I just can not Fathom The next year Sigh! We keep positive,We hang on to Hope After all these silly 2% and 5% survival rate things Well someone has to make that % up right? And we have the fact Karen is yet another Unique individual as was your Wife or Jane Smith down the rod like! THANK YOU so Much for coming back and writing on here for ME for US,for EVERYONE Mirkir 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.