Hi

chrisbarnes
Not applicable

Hi

HI, my name is Chris. I have joined primarily because I am interested in communicating with people who are on a similar journey. I was diagnosed with a grade 4 brain tumour last June (GBM). The diagnosis came after surgery to remove a tumour identified by an MRI performed following a massive seizure which landed me in hospital. I then had a second operation to remove surrounding tissue. The surgeon, Andrew Hunn, has a great reputation and was excellent. I have since had 6 weeks of daily radiotherapy and chemo, and am now on the 8th month of monthly chemo cycles. There have been very few side effects and I feel good. I am not working, and do not intend to return to work. I have been granted early retirement on the grounds of ill-health. I have only just learnt of this forum, and think it's a great idea. I look forward to communicating with others in a similar position.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
tatsoi
Contributor

Re: Hi

Hi Chris, I'm not here often...but I know there are quite a few GBM effected people here (themselves or loved ones). One members husband is 7 years into his GBM journey! Very inspiring... I came here when my wonderful dad had GBM. It was helpful to be around people with similar journeys. For practical advice and emotional support. He had mostly excellent quality of life and lived a very full life till his passing. I can still fondly remember him dive bombing in his friends pool two summers gone. (With his lopsided mohawk hairstyle - a result from radiation) I wish you and your loved ones so many many wonderful times together. with love and blessings Tatsoi
0 Kudos
DG
Contributor

Re: Hi

Hi Chris I'm only similar is that i have cancer but mine is bowel cancer, I don't know much regarding your cancer but I'm here to chat to if you would like to Deb's
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.