Introducing myself:)

Hev
Occasional Contributor

Introducing myself:)

Hi just reposting this in introductions...I put it in the wrong place before...just finding my way round:) Hi everyone, just joined up to this forum and thought I'd introduce myself. I am 47 years old, and was diagnosed 'out of the blue' in August 2010 with Ovarian cancer. Had a radical hysterectomy in september and told my cancer was a stage three. I embarked on a raw vegan diet, gave up alcohol (tricky!) caffeine (equally tricky!)gave up work(easy!)and increased my excersise (much to the delight of my two kelpies)and started meditating. I went to the gawler foundation in the Yarra Valley for ten days in Oct, and can honestly say it was the most deep, profound life-changing experience of my life thus far. So now I have a different outlook on life and living, an appreciation and realisation of its precious and fragile nature. I believe I have not only been given a wake-up call but a second chance...which I am grabbing with both hands! I just re-read this post and think thats probably enough soul-baring for now:) Hev.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
diannep52
Frequent Contributor

Re: I posted this in the wrong topic area...sorry!

Hi Hev nice to 'meet' you. I am also new to the site Di
0 Kudos
Zen-moment
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hev Good to have you onsite - you sound like you've had quite a time! Glad to hear you found the gawler foundation so helpful. I've heard from a friend with cancer, and his wife, that they found the quest for life centre in NSW good too - Petrea King runs it - there's some good books by her that I found helpful when I was going through early stages of treatment for breast cancer. Her recipe book is really good - lots of vege recipes, not so much vegan. Anyway - good to hear the kelpies are enjoying the exercise too. Take care and welcome. Zen.
0 Kudos
Hev
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zen, I haven't heard of a quest for life...I'll check it out on the net, does it have similar philosophies to the Gawler foundation I wonder? I'll see if I can get the recipe book from the library...you can never have too many recipes:) Thanks for the welcome and you too Di. BWAH (be well and happy) Hev
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.