Miracles do happen

Khan_the_cat
Occasional Contributor

Miracles do happen

Hi all, I am new and have been reading through a few posts. I am hearing the fear and uncertainty so I thought I would log on to try and give you some encouragement. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this, so I hope I do it right. I just want you all to know, that miracles do happen. I know, because I have had at least 1. I have cervical cancer for the 3rd time lucky. The 1st time I had a radical hysterectomy, the second time I had chemo and radiation, and the current,3rd time I had chemo. Currently this tumour is dormant. The 2nd time I was diagnosed my tumour was 10cms x 8 cms in my abdomen. It had adhered to my intestine, bladder, etc., etc. Basically they could not remove it surgically at all even though they tried. I decided not to be upset, even at times when I felt low. I would put a smile on my face and fake it. (it actually worked sometimes)Eventually, too many people, (mainly nursing staff) were dropping hints that I was way too happy, under the circumstances. Later I realised that they thought I was in denial. To a degree, I suppose I was, but only due to the fact that at the time I didn't know exactly how bad I was, just that I was pretty bad. Call me blaze', but I believe I had 9 lives, hence the "cat" in my user name. Unfortunately I also seem to have an awful lot of bad luck, hence the "Khan" bit, after Genghis Khan. For anyone not familiar with the old saying that if you have a lot of bad luck apparently you killed a person of Chinese descent in a previous lifetime. I have so much of it that at one point in my life I was nicknamed Genghis Khan. LOL. Anyway, my point is. When I cornered my oncologist (the best in the world, or so I think, awesome man) and asked him how long I had, he reluctantly mumbled maybe 3 months. I was also told, that even if my cancer did go, I would always have the tumour. Well, after months of chemo, then months of radiation and chemo, I was not only still alive, but cancer and tumour free. What did my oncologist say, and I quote "It's a miracle!" at which point, he proudly took my scan and raced down the corridor, showing it to all and sundry. That was 2 years ago. So for all of you who may be feeling disheartened, scared, sad and/or angry, that is ok, we have cancer, we are allowed to feel that way. and......miracles do happen. May the Angels keep you all safe. Khan the cat.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DG
Contributor

Re: Miracles do happen

Hello Khan the cat :) Thank you VERY VERY much for being so thoughful in writing this here, Its such a decent thing to do especially as u are cancer and tumour free and yur still thinking of helping others, I commend you darlin, you are obviously a wonderful person and I wish you all the best :) Its wonderful to read your story
0 Kudos
topenddownunder
Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing...it IS a wonderful story and will give hope to many....
0 Kudos
magagie
Occasional Contributor

That's really positive. I think the more positive you can be in a dull situation, the chance is higher for getting through it all. I recently was diagnosed with a brain tumour and I have had my ups and downs don't get me wrong, but my main note is positivity, I'm not dead yet so power on and get through this. It's really great to hear that it can come back and more treatment can be provided to keep living. Thanks for your post 🙂
0 Kudos
Paulpwtierney
Occasional Contributor

I agree. I also agree with the karma part. I accept that my current situation is as a result of past misbehaviour in past lives. Please note that this is my own personal view and does not extend to anyone else. This is part of the reason I turned vegan. I hope that I do not have to suffer more treatment though than the current round. If I do then I must accept this although I hope that I am cured and as a result a better person.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.