One Percent Chance

razzledog
Deceased

One Percent Chance

Hi guys....

yes I was diagnosed with stomach cancer back in January 2013 and given a 'One Percent Chance' by my Doctor, I decided to turn this negative into a positive and use it as an idea for a song...

The link is here

I hope it may help someone somehow...

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
razzledog
Deceased

Re: One Percent Chance

All I can say is thank God for Austin Health and the ONJCWC! As far as Chemo, clinical trials, side effects and hope are concerned I've been lucky and managed to maintain a positive approach...surely this helps? I've completed 19 cycles and endured it all. The song was a distraction, but a positive one for me. DON'T give up, no matter what. Cheers...Razzledog.
0 Kudos
n2141116
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tried to access your song but u can't right now so will try again later. Wow what an incredible journey you have been on. All the very best to you. Hope to chat soon.
0 Kudos
melbourneboybor
Contributor

Hi Razzle Dog, How are you feeling today and how is your doctor's outlook. You're quite inspirational - not just for me, I'm sure for many others too. Think about it really... January 2013.... Wow, almost a full year with that life changing news! A lot happens in a year my friend... and we're glad you're still here with us!
0 Kudos
razzledog
Deceased

Do NOT have room for Cancer in my life! I still feel pretty good after 19 cycles of Chemo. Must be due to the song... LOL. Doc thinks things will go downhill next year, but I'll not give up without a damn good fight.... Cheers, Dean.
0 Kudos
razzledog
Deceased

I was lucky enough to embark on a clinical trial with Roache at the Austin Hospital...Although I was already at stage four, I believe it was a Godsend. After dropping twenty kilos in less than six months, I've managed to get back up there. Stupid Doc I went to last October said I had 'WIND' and prescribed Nexium. All I felt was heartburn and couldn't eat much. Tried another Doc...he was an Iranian Genius, love him, best Doc I ever saw. Sent me off to the endoscopy clinic immediately...then the bad news came not long after Christmas 2012. After looking inside with multiple cameras, Surgeon found it had broken out into the chest cavity so any thought of operation was pointless. I'm kinda glad in a way that I still have a stomach, as it can now hold a ton of food (burgers/beer/full evening meals and full English Breakfasts..LOL) Now I'm on the trial drug only 'Onartuzumab'...it has been previously tested only on rats, so I should do just fine. Guys, keep yer chin up and retain a positive attitude, no matter what. Drink 'Alkalise' water and down plenty of liquid Chlorophyll. At present, apart from numbness in my fingers and toes, I never felt better in my life...and I'm pushing sixty five. I'll post more on the effects of Chemo shortly. Cheers, Dean.
0 Kudos
razzledog
Deceased

It should work OK.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e1R4cgdBck My Oncology Doctor told me I could only figure on a 'One Percent Chance' of making it past two years....driving home in shock, I thought it was a great song title and began writing, sometimes at 2am.
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

razzledog I listened to your song and good for you!! Have shared it on facebook so it might get some hits. I wish you all the luck with your cancer and also for the best outcome. I was diagnosed 25 years ago and given approx a month to live. Sometimes it does happen! Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.