Pancreatic Cancer stage 3

JohnDenning59
Contributor

Pancreatic Cancer stage 3

Hi everyone, I'm just looking to connect with anyone battling pancreatic cancer as I am. These forums are great, but we are limited in what we can say, i.e. we can't really vent on here. I'm happy send my private email address and phone number via a PM.

Or, if you just want to communicate on here, that's fine too I guess.

My tumour is 4cm in size, is stage 3, it has infiltrated three lymph nodes but has not yet metastasised, it has wrapped itself around some blood vessels and has completely encase two main arteries. It's inoperable, basically, but I'm on chemo anyway just to see if they can shrink it. They have told me though that the odds of ever being able to shrink it enough to operate are very low, at best.

Hey I'm not a sad sack by the way. I'm surprisingly positive in my attitude and would like to pass that energy on to someone else. Life is what it is, and we all have to die sometime. At least this way we get to say goodbye properly to our loved ones. And we find out who our 'true friends' really are.

Anyway, feel free to talk with me if you like. I'm 59 by the way and my real name is Colin. I also look a lot like my avatar 🙂

Colin

2 REPLIES 2
stirling
Contributor

Re: Pancreatic Cancer stage 3

Hi Colin, thanks for your posts. I've read them, even the ramblings. I dunno why but I enjoy your openness. And, they're stimulating replies which is also helpful.  I'm in the hepatoma frame. Tumors, esophageal varices, portal hypertension and cirrhosis. We keep whacking the tumors and they pop-up again. We'll just continue hitting them and hope they run off for good. Regards to all in this forum and thanks again. Stirling

JohnDenning59
Contributor

Re: Pancreatic Cancer stage 3

Thanks, Stirling. I actually enjoy rambling, especially when I've just taken some strong painkiller meds 🙂

I wish you all the best with your own battle. The Big C sure is one hell of an opponent, but a fight is a fight, and all any of can do, is to fight back with all that we have. 

That your persistent tumors will eventually give up, is a likely outcome that I wish for you to experience. And when you do win the battle, celebrate big time. In the meantime, just keep fighting the fight. You've got this.

Colin

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.