Some good news for change

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Some good news for change

Hi folks

What an interesting time we live in? Working from home again is a strange reminder of when I was recovering from surgery and going through chemo. I don't tend to sleep as much during the day time, but I've squeezed in 39 winks during the odd lunch hour.

I went for a blood test over a month ago. My results disappeared. Phone appointment with my surgeon reveal he hadn't seen them over two weeks later. I started the ring around to chase them up, eventually tracked them down, but they had a different fax number for the surgeon's office. Possibly because they are working from home, but get this... I wasn't allowed to request my medical results to be sent to an alternative fax number, other than the one they had recorded. I was a bit surprised but it all worked out in the end.

My surgeon called me for a follow up appointment... and only a few weeks later... and the test results are clear. 

My ongoing CT scan and colonoscopy are still on hold at the moment. I'm feeling really positive after getting the blood results. I don't consider myself to be high priority in the greater scheme of things, current environment considered. I'm comfortable waiting in the meantime. More blood tests and a visit with the oncologist in the next couple of months. No doubt by phone too.

Anyway, that's my good news. Made another three months with no indicators.

Best wishes to everyone.

Cheers

Portly Phil

5 REPLIES 5
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Some good news for change

Dear Mr Phil,

It's always good news when you're around.

Yes, I think at the moment that the pathology centres are a little over run with testing for coronavirus. As long as they don't drink the blood instead of testing it.

I am really excited for you about the great test results. Well done. That must be such a huge relief.

I spoke with my surgeon the other day. He said that the virus transmission rates were low enough that we are going to schedule my colonoscopy and hernia repair (side effect from surgery) for a couple of weeks time.

I'm really excited about your blood results!

Do you plan on doing anything to celebrate?

-s

0 Kudos
PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

I just stayed at home to celebrate. Would have been nice to go out.

Portly Phil

Lehiatus
Contributor

Better late than never- congrats Phil! Excellent news 🙂 hope it’s still all going okay, amidst the covid craziness?
sch
Super Contributor

Any update on your CT scan and colonoscopy?

I hope all is still well.

-s

0 Kudos
PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

🙂 

I just started a new post. I could have just answered this one.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.