Stage 4 Signet Ring Adenocarcinoma of the Appendix

Widget
Occasional Contributor

Stage 4 Signet Ring Adenocarcinoma of the Appendix

Hi all Just wanted to start a new thread. I would like talk to anyone and everyone about my own, and others, journey with this disgraceful disease. I was diagnosed December 2009, out of the blue basically. I have been shocked to the core by the removal of my identity by metastatic disease. I can empathise so completely now with the 'dead man walking' idea. No job, no life, just medical intervention (much welcomed, of course) to extend my existence. Jesus the things that come with the diagnosis could fill a few pages here. I have recently started blogging, as most cancer patients know there is nothing like it for therapy. Mine is walswords.blogspot.com. It helps. A lot. I send my love and warm wishes to everyone touched by this hideous situation. Let's stick together! Love to all xx
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Sunshine006au
Contributor

Re: Stage 4 Signet Ring Adenocarcinoma of the Appendix

Hi Widget Sending (((Hugs))) your way ... Alison
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I will check out your blog soon. I am sorry to see that you must be having such a bad time.I was diagnosed with Stage 3 adenoid cystic carcinoma 2 years ago.This cancer is rare and unpredictable but I am ok . It is a type of adenocarcinoma. I will reply again after I've read your blog.
0 Kudos
Widget
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Alison and Silly for your replies. Some days are easier than others for everyone. I had my PET scan this morning and go in for a Laparoscopy this Friday. I am very hopeful that I will only need another colon re-section. Otherwise I will have to have a peritonectomy. The necessity of this surgery I have no problem with, my problem is always with the pain on other people's faces. I hate cancer mostly because of that. Kind regards and warm wishes to you all xx
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

The pain on other people's faces is not much of a problem with me,I will confess. The altered appearance of my face is my problem,but I am coping with it. I could pretend I didn't have cancer if there wasn't an obvious sign of something wrong with me. I wish the best outcome possible for you on Friday.
0 Kudos
Widget
Occasional Contributor

Hi Silly I am sorry that there are obvious signs of cancer for you. The insidious nature of this disease has no sense of vanity. I cannot say anything that will change things but I can sincerely offer my support though. I too hope for the best on Friday, my internal radar knows that the news will not be good. I am prepared. Let's all have a great day today! Widget xx
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I am in remission and could remain so for a short or a very long time. No one knows. I hope all went well for you today.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.