mood swings

Heathert
Not applicable

mood swings

Husband is on female hormones and is having bad mood swings has anyone else had this
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: mood swings

...yes, I have really bad mood swings on my HRT : s I have been on HRT since I was 18, for premature menopause (not cancer related), and I get really moody when I'm taking the progesterone (I take separate tablets for the oestrogen and progesterone, as this was the best regimen for me.) I've found that taking 2 evening primrose tablets morning and evening stablises my mood and makes me less emotional. There are many different styles of hrt, to encourage your husband to ask his doctor for different type if this one is making him overly moody. He will feel more content and relaxed once he finds one that really suits him (as long as it also fulfills his medical requirements, of course) hugs and good luck to you both, love Emily
0 Kudos
speshialk
Not applicable

Re: mood swings

Hi Heathert. My mother was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer about a year and a half ago. She went through all her chemo and radiation but because the cancer grew due to her oestrogen levels she is on hormone therapy for 5 years. I am 30 and live at home at the moment to care for her. She has severe depression so before the hrt there were bad days. But oh my god. Her mood swings now are soo bad. One minute she happy the next shes crying and then when shes done she yells at me for no reason. Its so hard because I know its not really her fault. The doctors told us it would play heavily with her emotions. But sometimes its just so hard to live with. So I definately understand where you are coming from. I have tried talking to her about it but it always ends up in tears.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.