Beyond belief

JohnDenning59
Contributor

Beyond belief

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed stage 3 pancreatic cancer, and unfortunately my prognosis is not good because this thing has wrapped itself round some blood vessels and major arteries. I get that. I understand. I accept that whatever happens to me is meant to happen, but I'll fight the fight regardless.

What I cannot accept, however, is that my oncologist seems more focused on my having this stupid Covid jab than curing the cancer. I'm a smart man. I've done my research. This jab is killing people all over the world and the last thing I need right now is to have to deal with some crazy symptom like bells palsy, cardio problems, neurological symptoms  or whatever. I had to put him in his place the other day and I've already started looking around for another oncologist who is focused on curing my cancer.

He didn't like it when I told him that I knew he had received a letter for AHPRA earlier in the year threatening to take away his license should he speak adversely about the government vaccine rollout narrative, but hey, facts are facts. 

Anyway, I don't want this to be debate about the benefits of the jab over refusal the take it. I just wanted to raise this point and I'm curious to see if others have experienced the same issue.

JD

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Re: Beyond belief

I think it's sad that we are at the point that we are being forced to get the jab or lose our job. 

I just received a email yesterday saying in 3 weeks we have 3 choose. 

Shot, get tested every week or quite.

I have 5 more days until they do surgery and a biopsy. I'm definitely not going to get vaccinated if I have to go through treatment. 

I can't afford to lose my income ,insurance or delay treatment if it's necessary. 

Every doctor i have seen in the last 10 months has asked about me being vaccinated and strongly support it except one. 

He even told me that if I had gotten vaccinated he wouldn't be surprised that my health problems were related to the vaccinations. 

My primary Dr and surgeon are treating me like I was royalty.  I'm more than happy with how quickly they are moving forward with whatever I have 

3 weeks ago I saw my doctor because I started having pain in my right shoulder again. 11 months ago I tore my rotator cup. 

I mentioned i found a lump a month before se

0 Kudos
JohnDenning59
Contributor

Re: Beyond belief

Hi, and thanks for your response. For my part, I just can't see the correlation between the jab and the cancer. I would have thought that those undergoing chemo would be exempted, because of the lack of study data about the jab, generally, and because of the possible serious side-effects, like neurological problems, heart problems, oh and, of course, death.

I do feel sorry for the doctors, though. They're caught between a rock and a hard place. If I was a doctor, though, I would stand my ground, and if losing my license was the consequence, then so be it. I do find it interesting that politicians aren't required to get the jab, though. But then, I'm not surprised by that, either. The flu virus can, after all, tell the difference between politicians and us plebs.

Grrrrr...

Colin

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.