Chitter chatter

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Chitter chatter

Here you go everyone!

Here's a thread for you to chat about anything and everything to your heart's content Smiley Very Happy

Go nuts Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Re: Chitter chatter

Thank you.  We will go nuts!  

Budgie
Super Contributor

I'm already nuts, & it's driving me insane!  It's called chemo brain.  

I tell you, it's so frustrating when you're trying to think of the word you want to say & it just won't come.   Or the words just come out completely the wrong way around.   Mind you, what eventually comes out can be quite funny .

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Sorry to hear you have chemo brain.  Luckily, I won't have to experience that.  7 Radiotherapy treatments completed and 23 to go.  What a slog that is!  Every day.  I'm so impatient for this part to be over.  I'm struggling to fill my days right now.  I haven't made any beads, not finishing the quilt I was working on.  Feeling a little bit of futility.  Why do anything?  Nothing I want to see on television, no books I desperately want to read.  Endlessly cleaning.  Anxiety is high.  Can't relax.  Struggle to make it to 9pm so I can go to sleep.  I guess it must be part of the process of acceptance and dealing with the current situation.  I don't want to see anyone or talk to anyone either.  Listening to audio books while I work cleaning.  At least it is filling my mind with something other than cancer.  I guess it's just a matter of getting through the next 5 weeks.  Appointment times this week are earlier in the day - before lunch - rather than around 2pm which means you lose the whole day waiting to go to treatment.  

Hopefully, I'll feel better once the weather warms a little and Spring arrives.  I can work in the garden then and enjoy some better times.   

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

wing.jpg

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.