Introducing myself as a new Community Member.

Peregrina
Contributor

Introducing myself as a new Community Member.

Good morning. My name is Peregrina and I am introducing myself as a new online community member. I was diagnosed with colorectal cancer last December and have since undergone two major surgeries, a bowel resection and a liver resection. I had a portacath inserted and began the horrible journey of chemotherapy on March 8th. This week I have been diagnosed with neutropenia and a left leg DVT. My life has turned into an unpredictable, very scary whirlwind with one nasty experience after another. I don’t know how folk survive this experience and endure the chemotherapy. 🙏

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Introducing myself as a new Community Member.

Hi Peregrina, I also got neutropenia sepsis at the start of my chemo treatment. Ended up in hospital for 4 days on intravenous antibiotics. It was very scary.  My chemo was adjusted and that didn’t happen again. Hope you have loved ones around you for support. Accept all the help offered. You’ll make it through 🙏💕. Linda G 

0 Kudos
Peregrina
Contributor

Re: Introducing myself as a new Community Member.

Hello LindaG, it is good to hear about your similar experience gives me hope and a connection on this difficult journey. Thankyou for sharing with me 🙏

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.