Recent doagnosis

Danno06
Occasional Contributor

Recent doagnosis

I have just been diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer that has spread to both lungs. It’s been Less them a week since I Went to the doctor feeling unwell to being told I have terminal cancer. I have had to be flown interstate due to border restriction I am in isolation for 14 days with no family support. I have to yet have biopsy to test type of cancer and to see what treatment is available. It’s so scary and lonely  playing the waiting game with not being able to leave my hospital bedroom or get a hug from family. I’m so scared. I have feeling of why me I’m mot that old.

6 REPLIES 6
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Recent doagnosis

Hi Danno06, so sorry about your diagnosis.  That would have been such a shock for you. I hope you can still contact your family by phone or internet while you are in isolation. Just know that all of us on this forum understand in some way what you are feeling and will do our best to support you with our words. Love and prayers to you. 💕💕🙏 Linda G 

Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

so sorry to hear about your health ....

I can't imagine how hard all this is for you. 

Being alone and away from family and friends sucks. But because of your lungs they can't talk many chances that you get a illness from someone. 

I have a blood cancer. Many years ago they put people with my kind of cancer in isolation. They want me to stop working and avoid people..

Waiting is probably the worst part of this. 

It seems to never end. Waiting for testing and results will become a way of life for you. 

Remember just because it's stage 4 it doesn't mean it hopeless. I'm only stage 2 and my doctor just reminded me yesterday that I could still die from this. I refuse to let this steal my joy...

If you arent getting any answers you have to speak up for yourself. You have to stay very involved in what should be happening. 

I researched everything I could before I even knew what cancer I had.  Luckily I have great doctors who have done everything when it comes to testing. I would advise you to do some research so you have a idea what to expect . Then start asking questions. Hold your doctor accountable to help you. 

If you don't mind me asking how old are you ?

Do you have children? 

Stay strong!!!!

Danno06
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Danno06
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much 

0 Kudos
Danno06
Occasional Contributor

Thanks very much 

0 Kudos
Wegotthis
Frequent Contributor

Good morning (its morning in USA)

Just checking up on you to see how things are going with you. 

47 is still pretty young. 

I hope all is well and you are getting some answers to what is going on 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.