Suggestions for improvements and fine tuning, and bug checks, for Cancer Connections

Terrafirma
Contributor

Suggestions for improvements and fine tuning, and bug checks, for Cancer Connections

A thread where we can float and discuss any ideas for improvements and fine tuning to Cancer Connections we may have, ask other members to check possible bugs we've encountered, etc. This thread is not designed to replace sending suggestions and bug reports to the administrators, but to shake out our ideas for improvements and clarify the source and nature of any problems we may experience with the site (eg whether the problem lies with the site or is at our end). Admins if you want to start an official thread on this topic maybe you could just transfer the posts here into it and delete this thread. Cheers, Ed.
0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
Terrafirma
Contributor

Re: Suggestions for improvements and fine tuning, and bug ...

My preference would be for darker text in the forums and throughout the site - it's by a considerable margin too pale for my eyes. And the orange-colored text in the forums is also too pale for my eyes - I'd like to see a darker color used. If you have an opinion about text and font-related matters relating to Cancer Connections please do post it so we can (maybe) get a consensus. In today's world we need everything going for our eyes as they need to to an immense amount of reading and other close-in work over the course of our lives. I like the size of the text on the forums and throughout the site - I find it quite easy to read. Cheers, Ed.
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

Hi Ed, I am happy to use this thread as space for this type of comments. We will definitely have some things that might not work the best and can be improved and always bugs that we might have been missed during the user acceptance testing. Ed, Do you have a recommendation on the type of gray and/or orange that you think could work better?. Are you familiar with photoshop stuff? If you are able to tell me the hexadecimal code of the web safe colour you would prefer we can always give it a try. Look forward to hearing from you, Raul
0 Kudos
Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

good idea for changing the font colours you outlined, as these colours are a little hard to keep focused on for a period of time 🙂
0 Kudos
jules_jp
Contributor

Hi there everyone, I'm happy with the new look site. I am curious about the section in Profile/Personal info/About me, when I enter information there it doesn't seem to save. Unsure whether this is a bug or it is meant to be private and not visible to public. Let me know what you think.
0 Kudos
Terrafirma
Contributor

Hi Misti, I don't know the answer but here's a suggestion. Go to Profile/Personal info/About me and make a change to your About me, and click on Save. Then log out, go to the home page and log in and click on People at the top of the home page. On the new page that displays you should see among other things your "About me". If the change you made to your About me was successfully saved it should appear there. When I followed that sequence of events (at about 620am Thursday 19th Adelaide time) the change I made was successfully saved. Totocol will have a much better understanding of whether there's a problem and what the cause may be than I do. Cheers, Ed.
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

Hi Misti, Interesting. I have not heard to feedback from anyone else. Just also on Ed's question, have you pressed saved at the end of the page when you add your personal information?. You should get a message saying your changes have been saved. Then they should be visible on your profile and on the people tab. Let me know, Raul
0 Kudos
jules_jp
Contributor

Okay, I will try completing About me info & save again. I will let you know if its working for me. Can you see it in my profile (ie is it public)?
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

Hi misti, The "about me" field is public.
0 Kudos
jules_jp
Contributor

Thanks - I think one of the * fields was blank, the info is there now.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.