Cervical cancer is pregnancy possible after brachytherapy?

Beccy72
Occasional Visitor

Cervical cancer is pregnancy possible after brachytherapy?

My history:  stage 2b cervical cancer 7 months post treatment of chemo, radiation and brachytherapy. I'm pretty sure the answer is 100% no but I still need to ask.  Is it possible, even remotely to still be able to conceive after all that treatment?  For the past couple of weeks I've have been having the exact same pregnancy symptoms I got with all of my previous pregnancies.  It feels like a cruel trick by my body but now my partner has noticed and thinks I should do a pregnancy test.  I keep telling him, it can't be possible but his instance has started to make me doubt what I know.  He's worried as I have a PET scan in two days.  I don't know why I'm getting these symptoms but I know I couldn't possibly be pregnant!?!?!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Cervical cancer is pregnancy possible after brachytherapy?

Hi @Beccy72,

Thanks for your post. You might find it helpful to discuss your question with your GP or radiation oncologist, and in addition you may find the following Cancer Council publications helpful:

Understanding Radiation Therapy particularly the section on sexuality and intimacy issues;  and

Fertility and Cancer

The health professionals on the  Cancer Council 131120 Information and support line are also available 9am-5pm Monday to Friday to answer questions about cancer treatment and how it may affect your life after cancer.

Take care and kind regards,

Margaret

Online Community admin team

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.