Anyone experienced breathlessness and chest tightness with xeloda/capecitabine?

Julibean
Occasional Contributor

Anyone experienced breathlessness and chest tightness with xeloda/capecitabine?

I'm stage 3c bowel cancer. On my 3rd cycle out of 8 of oxaliplatin infusion and oral capecitabine . Just been experiencing a fair amount of shortness of breath and chest tightness when I do stuff. ct scan shows no nasties floating around my lungs. So relieved about that! Is it a side effect of the chemo??

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone experienced breathlessness and chest tightness with xeloda/capecitabine?

Hi @Julibean,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing that, have you double checked with your chemotherapy nurse or health professional? We have some information available here about chemotherapy and the side effects, that may help you.

Wonderful news re your CT scan results though, that must be a relief. I do hope you are feeling better soon!!

Has anyone else experienced what Julibean is going through and can offer some insight?

Kind Regards,

Kate

CCNSW Online Community Manager

0 Kudos
old_wombat

Re: Anyone experienced breathlessness and chest tightness with xeloda/capecitabine?

I had bowel cancer about 18 months ago, and was put on a fairly short course of capecitabine. About a year later I noticed shortness of breath, but no chest tightness. My GP is currently investigating it, but she said, quite frankly, she has no idea. It could simply be that I have let myself become unfit. So maybe side effect, maybe not. I hope this is slightly helpful.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.