Bowel Cancer My Story of Success so Far

dunedigger
Contributor

Re: Bowel Cancer My Story of Success so Far

Hi Louisa, The garden is doing fine.We had lettuce, tomatoes, caspicans ,basil and on another part of the farm the biggest pumpkin patch. Now potatoes, carrots are in. We have hens but the dam things keep digging everything up. Congratulations to all the staff involved in the website upgrade With kind regards, Rex
0 Kudos
Not applicable

It sounds great Rex. I grew up in the city myself but Granny in Sunnybank (Brisbane) had 82 chickens and an emu... vegies and everything too. I'm hoping to get some herbs for the balcony soon 🙂
0 Kudos
dunedigger
Contributor

Today I had my first PET scan, Previously I have been having CAT scans. Next week I see Professor Morris for Radio Ablation. At least he has agreed to seeing me seeing me. He has some reservations as I have 13 tumors on the liver so I just hope he will treat me. I am feeling that my liver tumors are on the move again, as I have some pain in that region, and that, combined with my rising CEA, has me worried. The following week I see my oncologist for a review. It is hard to believe that chemo has knocked out the cancer in the bowel , but the liver tumors are more resistant Dunedigger
0 Kudos
dunedigger
Contributor

This has become a blog, so I will continue to post for the info of other people who may read this after a diaganosis if the big 'C' Today, Great news. Saw Professor Morris today, there is a good chance of having liver surgery to remove all liver tumors. My latest PET scan ( like a CAT scan ) shows there is no other cancer in my body. We will know more next week after my case goes to the panel to discuss treatment methods. Dunedigger
0 Kudos
Molly
Occasional Contributor

Great News. Thank you for keeping us posted. take care Molly
0 Kudos
dunedigger
Contributor

I go into hospital in Sydney for liver surgery Saturday 13th June. Hopefully most of the 'buggers' can be removed. I'm fearfull of the recovery phase of surgery, but excited about the prospect that I have a chance of containing the smaller ones. Stay tuned Dunedigger
0 Kudos
Molly
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dunedigger, I was very excited and happy about you being able to have the liver surgery. I can relate to your fear, but I feel this fear is a better feeling than the fear of not not being able to have the surgery. You have been given a second chance in life. Will it be with Dr. Morris at St. George Hospital. I will pray that it will all go well and you have a speedy recovery. Take care Molly
0 Kudos
bev
Frequent Contributor

All the best for your surgery, hope all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery. We will all be thinking of you.
0 Kudos
dunedigger
Contributor

Hi Everyone, Yep I survived intensive care and now in my private room with views of Botany Bay. I have been told by reliable sources that all my tumors have been dealt with. It seems almost too good to be true. Pathology results will be back in a few days to confirm that the larger tumors were removed cleanly. Pain has been dealt with a little button. I have been up and walking with assistance.
0 Kudos
Molly
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dunedigger. I am so pleased that everything has gone well. Knowing that the tumours have been removed is a wonderful thing. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy receover. take care. Molly
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.