Colon Cancer - Stage 3

joybell16
Occasional Contributor

Re: Colon Cancer - Stage 3

My husband is experiencing "chemo brain/fog" already! So pleased to read that all is ok now from your recent check up 🙂 and it must have been a nightmare to try and keep your business going and support your young family. Well done!! We all have so much to be thankful for. I will stay in touch. I have started a blog too. Many thanks Joy
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

hi there! My husband had stage four bowel cancer... he was 23 when he was diagnosed... He had chemo, radiotherapy and four major surgeries.. he passed away 2012 at the age of 25. You are in for a rough trott.. but can i say having a new baby will really make you feel like youve got something to fight for. I believe if my husband was stage three he would have made it. After all his treatments he got the 'all clear' which was unusual because there arnt many suvivors for stage four. Then it came back 😞 He was a strong guy though and fought hard... I truly hope chemo works for you! Feel free to ask any questions you need to Maddie
0 Kudos
Craig_Bartlett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Maggie, Sorry to hear about your loss. That deeply saddens me. My treatment finished last October. I just had my latest Colostomy with the all clear. Its been a year since my operation to remove the tumor so I am hope clear sailing from here. However the threat and fear of it returning is always there. I guess even if I remain free of cancer I actually still live with cancer. I have gotten my business back on track and my babies are doing great. Both are coming up to 1st and 2nd birthday May. All is pretty good at the moment so fingers crossed. Regards, Craig.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.