Damn nightmares again

pimbok
Contributor

Damn nightmares again

I have an MRI coming up on Friday and last night, the first of the nightmares returned again. I had my tumour out a year ago, and all the dates for this MRI and surgeon are similar to last year and the shock of finding out my tumour had been cancer etc. I feel very, very alone but this forum is a great outlet. I just had to get this down.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
wombat4
Contributor

Re: Damn nightmares again

Good luck on Friday pimbok. Hoping its only the nightmares that have returned on a temporary basis. Wishing you a cancer free future. Wombat4
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

Thanks so much Wombat. Really appreciate your comments. Kim
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Pimbok Hope all goes well Friday fingers crossed good luck kj
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I hope the scan shows you to be cancer free. Then the nightmares should stop. Do you know when you get the result ?
0 Kudos
Dotty_and_Rex
Occasional Contributor

I also hope all goes well on Friday for you,the nightmares are terrible so hope they go away. Dotty
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies and support - I truly appreciate it. I still can't believe how this disease eats into your soul even when you're supposed to be ok - even if it's only for a little while.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Mri is over .Now waiting to hear good news .The results should take no more than a few hours to get to the doctor. I had an MRI on Monday at 11am and the results went to the doctor that afternoon. I saw him on Tuesday at 11 am. There was no sign of cancer for me and am hoping the same for you.
0 Kudos
pimbok
Contributor

Hi Silly, That's fantastic news for you! Brilliant! I've read my MRI report but don't see my surgeon till next Friday. From my understanding, the lump is still the same size and a particular type which they don't believe is cancer, but the scarring is getting worse - which I knew about as it's supposed to get worse for another year. I'm not comfortable about the lump as that is exactly what they said about my initial one. The fact that it hasn't grown also doesn't mean anything to me as my cancer was supposed to be a very slow growing one. I know I'm sounding negative, but I feel like I've been there before. I'm hoping the surgeon will take it out, then I will know what it is. Take care and thanks so much for your concern.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

I can understand your thoughts and feelings about the lump. It must be difficult waiting almost another week to see the doctor. How do you get to read the report before seeing the doctor ?They always try to send me one by mail so that I receive it after seeing the doctor.Next time I want it before so that I can have questions ready. Mine didn't even tell me that they found sinusitis in 3 different sinuses. I thought I had it but didn't know for sure as I'd never been told by any doctor.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.