Gyno oncology

Pepper99
Occasional Contributor

Gyno oncology

Still 8 days out from my first gyno oncology visit .not sure what happens on the first visit any help would be appriciated .going to kemh perth.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
GHT
Contributor

Re: Gyno oncology

Dear Pepper99 It is a really daunting time I know so it is a real help if you can take someone with you to your apt to help you ask questions and recall info that will probably go in one ear and out the other. I took a friend and also recorded the apt on her iPhone. If you already have questions write them down or you will forget them. Best wishes GHT
0 Kudos
Pepper99
Occasional Contributor

So went to gyno ongology appointment this morning .Dr was really nice did a colposcopy took 2 biopsies and an endometerial biopsy as well.Said i have low grade cervical cancer but is treatable wants to wait for byopsy results to decide on treatment plan as if it shows invasion my have to have hysterectomy straight away .He is also putting my file on the tumor board at the hospital so all off the oncologists can disguse my case and send me for other tests before results are back .so back to waiting to find out where we go from here.
0 Kudos
GHT
Contributor

Dear Pepper99 I am glad the oncologist was nice as well as thorough. It is one of the toughest times emotionally waiting as anyone on this site will testify. You just have to live with the unknown a little longer so hang in there and soon you will have a plan and that helps to feel you have more control and direction. Best wishes Grace
0 Kudos
Pepper99
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Grace I kinda dont know what im feeling right now its all a bit sireal .Trying not to over think things and just carry on .he did make me laugh when we were leaving as my husband came with me .after the biopsy he told use that we werent to do any horizontal running then hes like you understand what i mean ,i think my husband was more embarrassed than me i thought it was funny.I was lucky as i went to the ladies hospital in perth and i actually saw the head of the department i found that comforting that i hadnt been fobbed of to one of the registras .I have two teenage daughter that will keep me busy in the next couple of weeks so hopefully i wont worriy to much
0 Kudos
Pepper99
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Grace I kinda dont know what im feeling right now its all a bit sireal .Trying not to over think things and just carry on .he did make me laugh when we were leaving as my husband came with me .after the biopsy he told use that we werent to do any horizontal running then hes like you understand what i mean ,i think my husband was more embarrassed than me i thought it was funny.I was lucky as i went to the ladies hospital in perth and i actually saw the head of the department i found that comforting that i hadnt been fobbed of to one of the registras .I have two teenage daughter that will keep me busy in the next couple of weeks so hopefully i wont worriy to much
0 Kudos
GHT
Contributor

Dear Pepper99 When/ if you get a diagnosis of cancer you might like to consider joining the Gyny Cancer Support GP on this site. There is a Groups title on top right of screen which directs you to more info. The group is made up of all women who have various gyny cancers or are survivors following treatment and they are so supportive and helpful. Cheers GHT
0 Kudos
Pepper99
Occasional Contributor

So still ongoing had a cone biopsy and endocervical curretage on monday waiting for phonecall on friday to see if they got it all or if there is invasion .I think im. More stressed now than when i had to wait 3 weeks Hopefully biopsy comes back with clear margins and all will be good just gotta wait and see
0 Kudos
Pepper99
Occasional Contributor

Not happy no phone call so i rang to be told no docs or clinic people in today .Why did doc tell me she would ring if she new nobody was in clinic today also told it could take 4 weeks for results .I just want to know one way or another this has been going on since may just want to know where i stand 😞
0 Kudos
GHT
Contributor

I'm so sorry Pepper that things are dragging out so long with all the uncertainty. As for not hearing from the Dr, they really need to consider patients level of anxiety and ring even if it is to explain the delay. Hoping no news ends with good news. Best wishes GHT
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.