Hi does anyone else suffer from over-anxiousness & dizzyness after Chemo for Breast & Lymphatic Cancer?

reneewhte7
New Contributor

Hi does anyone else suffer from over-anxiousness & dizzyness after Chemo for Breast & Lymphatic Cancer?

Hi everyone, I live in Darwin and I am undergoing treatments for my Breast Cancer for the second time. Originally, I found a lump in my right Breast in 1998. I had the lump and sample Lymphnodes removed. Then I received three months of Radiation treatment. Then late last year, I found another lump under my right arm. I have since had all of my remaining Lymphnodes, ones with and without Cancer cells removed. Currently, I am receiving six months of Chemotherapy treatment, which will be followed by Radiation and some sort of Hormone Treatment. Receiving the chemotherapy treatment is preventing me from going to work. I have had very high temperatures and very, very low white cell counts. When I receive each new dose, I suffer from what seems to be over-anxiousness and dizzyness at the same time. So I find normal, day-to-day life very difficult to cope with. I have to lie down all the time, till this feeling goes away from me. I can't stay in the kitchen long enough to cook and I am not able to go out of the house. Does or has anyone else felt like this for long periods of time??? Is this just what they refer to as Chemo dizziness??? Cheers, Renee.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Hi does anyone else suffer from over-anxiousness & ...

Hiya Renee Am really sorry but i didnt experience anything like what you are currently going through. My heart goes out to you as it must be pretty horrid. I hope you are feeling somewhat better now. Have you a nurse coordinator that you could ask these questions of? I find mine pretty invaluable regarding treatment and the side effects, although i think i have found a new one for her which she is now investingating. :) Julie
0 Kudos
reneewhte7
New Contributor

Hi Julie, Thanks for your reply. I have not met anyone else who suffers with the strange feelings that I have. Yes, I do have a Cancer Nurse from the Mc Grah (sorry I don't know how to spell this) Foundation assisting with my doctors' visits at the hospital. She is excellent at obtaining appointments for tests when no appointments are available, so she does have a great deal of influence in the hospital. But she just says that I should be coping better than I am. How are you coping yourself? Cheers, Renee
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hiya Renee Does your nurse have any solutions for you? Now you have me thinking re McGrath ... i think it is. I should know cos he has been in the news lately. Not sure about your nurses choice of words in "should" i dunno that is a factor cos you feel how you feel. I am doing ok thanks Renee, trying to cope with the fallout of treatment, least that is what i think i am coping with ... course it could be somethig else. Wont know that till i go for my scan or see my mr onco bloke. The scan is end of this month and then i might see mr onco bloke the same day, not absolutely sure yet. Hope things improve for you soon. Julie
0 Kudos
margc
Occasional Contributor

HI RENEE JUST LOGGED ON TO THIS SITE SO ONLY JUST READ YOUR COMMENT I HAVE HAD LUMPECTOMY, MASTECTOMY AND AXILLA DISSECTION SEPT/OCT,09 DURING CHEMO I DID EXPERIENCE BOUTS OF DIZZINESS SOMETIMES FELT LIKE I WAS BURNING UP FELT LIKE BEING SICK AND ALSO FELT LIKE USING MY BOWELS ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE ONLY WAY I GOT RELEIF WAS TO LIE ON THE COLD TILES IN THE BATHROOM TILL IT SUBSIDED, THE DR SAID I SHOULD HAVE CALLED THE HOSPITAL BUT AT THE TIME YOU FEEL TO ILL AND AFTERWARDS YOU THINK WHATS THE POINT IM OK NOW! I THINK YOU LOSE YOUR CONFIDENCE IN YOUR SELF AFTER THOSE EPISODES SO THAT WHEN YOU GO OUT YOU GET ANXIOUS THAT YOU WILL HAVE AN ATTACK AND SO YOUR TOO SCARED TO GO ANYWHERE ANYMORE, ITS A VISIOUS CIRCLE, TO MAYBE A TALK TO A COUNCILLOR MIGHT HELP. TAKE CARE, BE STRONG, CYBERHUGS FROM MARGC
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.