Hi everyone

emmas82
New Contributor

Hi everyone

Hi everyone, I'm Emma and I'm new to this forum. November last year I was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Earlier in the year I fell over bush walking and hit the ground really hard. A few days later a lump appeared on my shin. Just assumed it was from the fall and didnt do anything about it. A couple of months later, it was still there so finally went to the drs. He wasn't concerned, said that because I fall hard it would probably take awhile to go down. After a few more months it was still there, he finally decided to run some tests. Turns out it was a turmor. It was such a shock and took me a while to deal with the news. But I have found I have such great friends and family!! Started chemo on the 3rd Jan this year. Have had 4 weeks of treatment as an inpatient of Ward 9 at Peter Mac in Melbourne. Must say, they are the most amazing group of people. She helpful and supportive. I'm currently on a 2 week break and go back next monday for 2 weeks (but out on weekends for good behaviour). So once the next 2 weeks of chemo are done, the next step is surgury to remove whats left of the tumor. Talk to everyone soon Emma
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
purpleangels
Contributor

Re: Hi everyone

Welcome Emma! This is a great haven! Good luck for your remaining treatment and op.... PA
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Hi Emma Welcome to the site! I have had a lot of good support here. Did they think it was a complete coincidence the lump came after your fall, or was it somehow related? I found all the nurses who gave me chemo very friendly and kind as well. I think they are all really great and important to making the experience manageable. I hope you are having a good break from chemo. Good luck for the next batch. Allicat
0 Kudos
Stitch
Contributor

Hi Emma, I am also new to the site, but I went through cancer 2 years ago & went on chemo too. the cancer staff at the hospital I went to were amazing as well. I suppose you have to have a good attitude to work in that area. hope your treatment & recovery go well xxoo Stitch (Gwen)
0 Kudos
emmas82
New Contributor

Hi allicat, It may have just been a coincidence that the tumor appeared after my fall. The drs don't want to speculate if it was the cause. Emma
0 Kudos
emmas82
New Contributor

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Emma, Sorry to hear on your dilemma, hope rest of your treatment goes well. Funny how these things turn up isnt it? I innocently bit my lip and ended up with SCC (gone to lymph node, radical neck dissection now waiting Radio) and you fell over. I nearly wonder why sometimes, but I think the universe does these things to make them show up so they can be dealt with. Who knows what would have happened if I hadnt of bitten my lip, it could have sat there and grown and spread more dangerously I guess. Good luck and glad to see your out on good behaviour lol Cheers Leesa
0 Kudos
Tina_Basson
New Contributor

Hi Emma,I to am new to the site but I just wanted to wish you good luck with your next round of treatment stay positive and stay strong hugs and wishes x
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.