Hi first time on site

Rodney
Contributor

Re: Hi first time on site

Hi Julie Hope all is okay and you are traveling well. ,well tomorrow d day see dr's to get the biopsy results I don't mind sharing I am scared but am trying to remain positive -the gland has swollen since they did the needle thing and still is quite tender . I had to go back to work as I am the bread winner and have the mortgage to pay it's been ok get tired in the afternoon but after 3 months off work I have used all leave that I had. They have me on light duties but short term but it's a bit hard to give a commitment when I don't know what is happening until tomorrow ,,,, Keeping all things crossed !!!!!
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hey Rodney All ok here thanks. You are in the worse bit of any diagnosis or testing and thats the waiting and it gets worse the closer you get. Hang in there and tomorrow you will know what you have to deal with or not. Fingers crossed here for you too. It is tough when you are the bread winner and having to return to work. Least you have managed it and hopefully you can remain on lightish duties till you get on top of things physically. Sure its hard to commit, it wont always be that way for you ... hang in there and all the best for tomorrow. Julie
0 Kudos
Rodney
Contributor

Hi Julie -well result is positive -so have surgery on the 11th sept they all tried reassuring me and they think it may not be too bad but I am a bit apprehensive about it all to say the least. Hey Kate let me join the group now you find me there.......... I am ok just a bit numb ,,,,,,,,,,,,
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Hi Rodney ... just wrote to you in the other group and i am sure you are numb ... hang in there!! We will all be behind you! Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.