Hi , well I'm here now what?

Mishy70
New Contributor

Hi , well I'm here now what?

Hi to all, I'm a single mum 44 with 3 daughters 20, 19 and 16, just started my first of 6 cycles of RChop , I've had a headache for 3 days , I don't know if it's the chemo or that fact I've given smoking away to help my recovery and prevent infections. I work in education as a School service officer in a special needs classroom, I've only been off work 2 weeks and I'm missing them already. I'm so angry I just want everything to go back to normal , it frustrates me relying on others . I hate it when people make a fuss then I hate it when people act like there is nothing wrong please tell me this is normal. My heomotologist seems pretty positive of the outcome and so do my girls, I try to be but there's always that little negative what if? That pops up into my head that I shut down as quick as it does..how do you stay positve all the time? Is there anyone here that has had R-chop and can give me some insight of what to expect....not sure I can deal with the long lasting headache ..nauseous wasn't too bad, steroids make me hungry which is good and my bones ache occasionally...does it get worse after each session?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.