Immunotherapy

JLM
New Contributor

Immunotherapy

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has had immunotherapy? I am hopefully about to get into a clinical trial of immunotherapy with a bit of radiation. The doctors have explained everything to me, but I want to hear from real people who have had this treatment. I'm wanting to know about side effects if it's just like chemo or nothing like it.

Thanks for your help xx

10 REPLIES 10
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Immunotherapy

Hi @JLM!

Welcome back, it's good to see you on the Community again! I do hope you have been well?

The best person to chat to about this is your doctors and the people running your trial, though of course someone here may have had experience with it. If you have any questions you're not comfortable asking of your doctors, remember that we have a team of health professionals available to you on 13 11 20.

Hope to see you around these parts more often! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
RoseAdelaide

I am having my second cycle of immunotherapy tomorrow and am self funding which is so expensive. Too early for any results

JLM
New Contributor

Hi RoseAdelaide,
I'm sorry to hear that you are self funding that must be a huge burden. I guess i am wondering how you are feeling?? Have you had many side effects yet?
0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Hi @RoseAdelaide, welcome back to the Community!

Do you have any advice for JLM on your experiences or insights into having the immunotherapy?

0 Kudos
Deborahmyott123
Visitor

Please tell me more about this immunotherapy so very interested

0 Kudos
zoble
New Contributor

I have had perotoncetomy surgery at St George hospital 2 yewrs ago and a debulking of the cancer 7 weeks ago and am am about to undergo Chemo and I am very apprehensive about the side effects

From what I can understand from searching the internet the future of cancer treatment is to reengineer your own Bodies immune cels so it kills the cancer cells and reinject them back into your body a number of treatments in America have been successful ( think it was JOHN Hopkins hospital in America or something like that) I would be very interested to know if any doctor in Australia is using this treatment ?

0 Kudos
privateme
New Contributor

0 Kudos
privateme
New Contributor

What type of cancer do you have and what trial?

0 Kudos
zoble
New Contributor

I have a perotonectomy cancer which is a jelly like substance in the abdominal caverty. They are trailing a reengineer of your immune cells for certain types of cancers in America
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.