anti nausea medications

Karenquilter
Occasional Contributor

Re: anti nausea medications

Hi I have found Ativan really good for nausea. Also wanted to say that when I used Maxolon I had a rare but known reaction of Parkinson's disease type uncontrollable leg shakes. They were dreadful. Maxolon isn't a particularly strong anti-nausea drug but is usually safe unless you have this reaction.
0 Kudos
katman2
New Contributor

I went through chemotherapy last year and had all sorts of side effects, nausea, neuropathy in hands and toes. The main thing that helped was cannabis oil.. Whenever I used the oil, relief was almost instant. I might be dobbing myself in by this statement, but the real criminals are the politicians who have not legalised cannabis oil use for cancer sufferers.
Karenquilter
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Yes I wish it was freely available. We need all the help possible when undergoing chemo.
iLIV
Occasional Contributor

Hi Greg, "Thanks" for your advice & tip re ginger tablets. I will pass this onto my friend whom has just finished his 1st round of chemo last week (24th March 2016) from pancreatic cancer 'whipple surgery'. Please read (& others whom are reading this post & thread too) of my post RE 'Introductions' (posted today as well) to also reading my profile for my background to reasons why I am here. "Thanks to well wishes to everyone here" Love, Light & Peace to you ALL. Sincerely, Steve 🙂
0 Kudos
Outandin
New Contributor

Hi, 

I saw your reply on nausea medicin during chemo. You're writing "cannabis oil". May I ask what kind of oil that was? The ratio of CBD/THC, the percentage. Do you know of what cannabis strain the oil was made?

How was your dosage, per day/occasion?

Did you ever try smoking cannabis for this purpose?

Best regards

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.