hyperthermic treatment of cancer with chemo

Roni
Occasional Contributor

hyperthermic treatment of cancer with chemo

I've been reading a lot about the positive influence of hyperthermic treatments when given in conjunction with radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Unfortunately the Dr treating my father is not interested in alternate therapies. There just seems to be so much happening around the world with this treatment at the moment. There is a new clinic (NIIM) opened in Hawthorn, Vic... Has anyone had any treatement by hyperthermia or know of anyone who has??? Desperately looking for alternatives for throat cancer.....
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: hyperthermic treatment of cancer with chemo

Hi Roni, the word 'hyperthermic' just means hot. Basically they're talking about heating up the tissue (Burning, I guess, when applied to a very small area of the body). I haven't heard anything about this treatment, or NIIM, but do check their results and the side effects carefully. Also carefully check their full list of charges- make sure you're not being charged a lot of money for something that is not particularly effective. I hope you find some good news. love Emily
0 Kudos
Roni
Occasional Contributor

Re: hyperthermic treatment of cancer with chemo

Hi Emily, There have been a lot of fairly successful trials around the world but the clinic we have in Melbourne is a whole body warming treatment, but they are doing clinical trials so the price isn't horrible compared with the one in Sydney, but considering we have no hope then I'm wondering if we have a crack at it for dad's sake... Thank you for your email... Roni 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.