medical marijuana

Nikki
New Contributor

medical marijuana

Hey i was just wondering if anybody knows anyone or has tried themselves medical marijuan. Or what they have heard etc. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: medical marijuana

Morning @Nikki and welcome!

I believe this is a conversation you can now have with your GP, or will be able to in the coming months, but the applications vary from state to state at the current time.

You can view the Cancer Council's position statement here, this reflects the position of Cancer Council Australia, together with the Clinical Oncological Society of Australia.

Kind Regards,

Kate - Cancer Council NSW

0 Kudos
Nikki
New Contributor

update: spoke to my dr and he said if you would like to do it you need to register with the police which is a form that you need to get the dr to sign to say you only have 12months to live. thats so if you get drug tested it's ok. but... i don't think its cool that they put time restrictions on everything, like the councilor told me i should get my super out but to do that you need 2 drs to say you are going to die within 2 years. I feel like with cancer you try your hardest to stay positive and not to give up hope but then you are constantly made to face your mortality and be reminded that your expiry date is nearly up. I don't know thats just my experience maybe.

Hope everyone is doing well xx

0 Kudos
Paul_D
Contributor

Hi Nikki and thanks for the pm and yes the people you have to deal with in our cancer journey most of which have never suffered with anything other than the flu have a lot to learn, glad you have the cream that does work. My niece in Canada has a diet for her blood group which the dietitien in my local cancer care centre swears will cause you no end of trouble but she is good and healthy so?  Keep positive Nikki and form your own opinion on things, 

Love & Best Wishes

Paul 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.