oesophageal cancer stents

Not applicable

oesophageal cancer stents

I have adenocarcinoma oesophagoeal cancer and may have to have a removable type stent put in shortly. I would like to make contact with anyone who has had this procedure mainly to find out how they got on with it and if there were any complications etc.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: oesophageal cancer stents

Hey Gil Just wanted to say hi and hopefully someone who has had similar will contact you. 🙂 Regards Julie
0 Kudos
chris_martin
Contributor

Re: oesophageal cancer stents

Hi Gil. My dad (83) has same as you and has had a lot of trouble swallowing and is now on pureed foods and had a stent put in last Fri 19Feb. He went home same same night and had to go back to hospital next day as was vomiting blood- turned out they had scraped oesophageus. One week later he is back home and despite a lot of burping he seems to be doing a lot better-I live 6 hr train trip away and speak to him each night- but he is doing so much better and can now tolerate mashed food. I know he is probably a lot older than you and his age has a lot to do with it. You take care and please keep me posted. xo Chris
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.