oldman is back

Oldman
Contributor

oldman is back

hello everyone, Sorry that I have not posted much oevr the past four weeks. We went to Victoria for a holiday before I had my operationon Jan29th. So I,m laying here on the couch (because Icannot sit) recovering, I have my my large bowel,rectum and anus removed, Last Thursday I had the staples removed plus got the results....... it appears that removing so much was worthwhile as all the cancer has been removed from my body. It was such great news for all the family. So all I have to do at this stage is let my body heal, I think that I will still go back on Chem for a while as a back up, hey for some reason I do not mind. I hope this message finds everyone well, I best go and catch up on all the posts I have missed out on.   Best Wishes Oldman (Kevin)
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

oldman is back

Hi Kevin,   fabulous to hear from you again!!! Well done mate and rest up easy on that couch.....and watch some good comedy for me!   best nikki
0 Kudos
Not applicable

oldman is back

Hi Kevin, Great to hear the surgery was a success & good to see you back. Hopefully you are taking it easy and recovering well. That new bubs should be due very soon? Take it easy.... butterfly
0 Kudos
Oldman
Contributor

oldman is back

Hello Guys,Sorry I have not been around of late.....I've been getting used to the life style changes imposed on me, plus I have started back at work and school.When the surgeon gave us the results of the surgery he said to us that it was `mostly good news` what we neglected to ask was what he meant by that, we became snow blind by the positive info.It was the Oncologist that told us that I still have tumor cells in some blood vessels in my stomach.So I have started on six months of chemo, weekly dose of 5fu (Fluorouracil) I'm on a low dose so all should be okay.Donna has not had the baby yet but I promise I keep you all informed. She is due any time now.oldman (Kevin)
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

oldman is back

Hi Kevin, That's great to hear that the surgery was a big success. Wishing you all the best on your path to recovery. Hope you've got yourself nicely set up so you can lie back and have what you need within reach.
0 Kudos
Oldman
Contributor

oldman is back

Hello Chris, Sorry it has taken so long to reply because I have spent the last fews weeks on the couch just playing my xbox. My tummy has healed up really well but the bum is another story, it is so bloody sore to sit on. But I know in time it will heal. Is it confirmed that you have to have the colonoscopy or have you already had it?I'm sorry to hear that it may mean more hard times for you so if you need some cheering up I can give you some of my good quality bums stories.Kevin
0 Kudos
cmarti15
Occasional Contributor

oldman is back

Hi Kevin You sound like you are on the up and up. It's great hearing good news!!!! Is it 6 weeks or so until Donna is due?  Hope the heat hasn't been to bad for her. I have been having some troubles in the butt area, I think exacerbated by chemo, and now the GP wants me to have a colonoscopy. She mentioned bowel cancer - I kind of went numb when she said the C word again. Anyway I have to talk to my Onco about how to fit the colonscopy in whilst having chemo. I may need your expert advice in the future. Ciao for now Chris M  
0 Kudos
Sooziii
Occasional Contributor

oldman is back

Wow!  That is great news!You take care now and just concentrate on healing.  Look forward to reading your posts.
0 Kudos
Nikki_YAC
Frequent Contributor

oldman is back

Your new bubba is beautiful - CONGRATULATIONS!
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.