Super Contributor

Re: How are you doing?

👍😆
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Hi Lindsay 

Sorry to read that you haven’t been feeling  to good for awhile,I hope the pendulum swings the other way with your health soon, and that you start to improve  best wishes

kj

Lindsay
Frequent Contributor

Thanks KJ, minor setback. It’s always ok on the day.

Thank you, for your concern

kj
Super Contributor

Lindsay unfortunately that is the nature of the beast,two steps forward and one step back.Take care

Katekat
Valued Contributor

Afternoon all,

I hope you have had a great Easter break 🐣

@Budgie - how goes the recovery? Hopefully not too much pain!! And how's your husband doing?

@Lampwork54 - we don't have any masks I am sorry, have you tried your local chemist? Or if you're handy with a sewing machine, perhaps look at making some?

@Sarah11 - welcome!! How are you doing juggling the kids being home and your treatment? I've got 8 and 4 year-olds, that are home, but thankfully my husband is on leave so he is fielding them whilst the school holidays are on.

@sch - how are things on your end? Most importantly, how is your wife doing with COVID? I do hope she is feeling better this week, and that yourself and the kids are well.

@kj - woohoo, so glad to hear of your scan results!!! 😊

@Lindsay - sorry to read that you've been unwell lately! ☹️ 

Stay safe out there everyone and don't be a stranger 💕

-Kate

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi @Katekat,

I hope you're keeping safe & sane in this time of lockdown. Are your little ones coping with it all?

I'm going pretty well, thanks, although, within the 3 weeks I was off my chemo, the tumours were growing back. I restarted the drug a few days ago so, fingers crossed, it will continue to work for me & get them under control again. At this stage, there's no surgery for the other eye until the cancer is under control, so the fact that the govt still has restrictions on surgeries is irrelevant for me. The eye itself is fabulous 🙂.

Hubby's second surgery went well, & he has had a stiff-neck collar around his neck, 24/7 since the end of January, so he's very eager to get the thing off, around mid May, all going well. I'm enjoying having him home from work though, as I love his company.

So all in all, things are good here 😊.

Cheers
Budgie
MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

I'm inspired on how strong you are facing all these. Take care and I hope you will get better soon.
kj
Super Contributor

Thanks Kate😀

Angel1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Kate! My partner Stephen is due to start chemo next week on tuesday, monday he is getting the stent put in for chemo therapy. I was all ready to go with him for his initial appointment, but due to this covid virus he told me tonight i might not be able to go with him. I am feeling terribly sad about this. As it is i have been trying to stay strong and not cry in front of him but now all i feel like doing is cry.
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Morning everyone!

How is everyone doing this week? I hope you are all well 😘

Stay safe ❤️

-Kate

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.