Dad diagnosed with Stage 2 Stomach Cancer. Need an advice

Highlighted

Dad diagnosed with Stage 2 Stomach Cancer. Need an advice

Hi,

So my dad just told me he got diagnosed with stomach cancer Stage 2 in June 2018. He don't want chemo and operations as he thinks that he can fight the cancer naturally by changing his diets- eating only meat and veges, taking super food and supplements. He went to Germany to visit my sister and got a second opinion from a German doctor. The doctor was shocked that he did not do any treatment as it's a worse case of stomach cancer. Also, he went for a check up 2 weeks ago and found that the cancer has spread a little. Hence, my sister has been pressuring him to do treatment but failed to do so. So I tried instead but my dad said that he wants to fight it naturally. I want to prove to him that chemo and operation are really required for him to at least have the chance to live for more than 5 years instead of gambling with his life with healthy diet and supplements. I need advice on how can I persuade him to go and get treatments please. Thank you. 

1 REPLY
Cancer Council NSW

Re: Dad diagnosed with Stage 2 Stomach Cancer. Need an advice

Thanks for joining and welcome to the Online Community @maysmei!

How are you travelling today? 

Just bumping this up so other members of the Community can offer their support and suggestions Smiley Happy

Are you able to go along with him to his appointments with the oncologist, if he is attending them? Do you know what stage he is at currently?

I understand that this must be incredibly difficult for yourself and your sister. Would a change of tactic help perhaps? Make your concerns known but also ask him to talk with his oncologist so he is aware of the bigger picture, and if possible go with him, so that you are informed as well. 

Does anyone have any suggestions to assist @maysmei with her Dad?

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.