GBM-nearing the end

tropical
Contributor

GBM-nearing the end

13 months after my husband dropped the bottle that led to his GBM diagnosis, the end is near. I'm currently lying in bed beside him enjoying our remaining time together. His decline has been rapid yet dignified. Equipment was brought to our home on Friday and already it's redundant. I wish everyone on their cancer journey, the very best.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Minx
Contributor

Re: GBM-nearing the end

Tropical, wishing you peace and comfort through this time. Today I was going to put a post up asking how all GBM Carers were going, only to find your post. My thoughts are with you. Min
0 Kudos
tatsoi
Contributor

oh tropical... hug him and love him. my dad passed away at home yesterday from gbm. 13 months after diagnosis his decline was rapid he was up bushwalking on tuesday even getting around the house on Wednesday he needed to be sedated on Thursday...he was not there...but couldn't keep still and could not rest , (but not really able to walk properly or safely)he was so agitated. By friday he was sleeping before he passed away He was asleep and peaceful i kissed him goodnight then not long after my mum woke me to say he had stopped breathing. no struggle...just never took another breath. thinking of you this is a precious precious time xx
0 Kudos
Minx
Contributor

Tatsoi So sorry for what you and your family are going through. What you wrote was beautiful and personal, thank you for sharing Min Xo
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Tatsoi ... so sorry to read of your loss. Tropical ... It is wonderful thatyou can lay next to your husband and be with him. He will know you are there and it will be making a huge difference. hugsss to you both Julie
0 Kudos
tropical
Contributor

Peace and solitude have arrived after a courageous 13 months. I will continue to pray for all affected by this awful disease. xx
0 Kudos
Minx
Contributor

Tropical, my heart goes to you and your family. Again I shed a tear for someone I don't know.I hope you have support. Be kind to yourself. Min
0 Kudos
tatsoi
Contributor

so sorry tropical... xxx
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.