Hello World

peanutz
Frequent Contributor

Hello World

Hi there, I'm new here. My partner, 55 y/o, was diagnosed with brain tumours on 4/8/11. He had a surgery on 8/8/11 to resect a bulk of his tumours and was officially confirmed with GBM Stage IV on 11/8/11. Wow, how life can turn upside down within a week!!! :-S Nat
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hello World

everyone here is upside down, so you're in the right place. H
0 Kudos
Loulou
Occasional Contributor

Hi and welcome, Feel free to express any thoughts and feelings on here. Everyone is on here to have an outlet and also very supportive. All the best wishes Take care
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

At the moment, I'm trying to be optimistic although deep down I'm afraid that one day he'll be gone just like the vast majority of people with GBM. Well, a friend said where there's life, there's hope. :) N
0 Kudos
NADA
New Contributor

Most of us a same here, some one is more strong, someone not, but i realy wish that i can help you, at least i can give you my best wishes. All the best. NADA
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

It happened like that for us too.
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

The last few days I feel quite good and not being too worried about the whole thing. Am I in denial? People at work asked me about my partner and I talked about it openly without feeling upset. I think the way I talked made them think it's not so serious even though I quoted our good oncologist "Trust me, I know what I am doing and at our centre we have 39% 2 year survival rate". WOW seriously!! is that supposed to be a good rate??
0 Kudos
NADA
New Contributor

Maybe it is a good thing. Maybe you will help you partner and you self by acting and fill this way. wish you the best and you have to be strong for both of you. NADA
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

You can't feel or act the same all the time so you can't be upset constantly. Anyway at work you would be in a different frame of mind.That said,there may be times when you're in denial. There were times when I used to say to myself that none of this is real 'cause it feels like I'm in a movie about someone else.This was when my husband had cancer 6 years ago and me last year. I suspect it's our mind's way of coping when the reality is too much for us.
0 Kudos
peanutz
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I agree it seems so unreal. When we first knew about my partner's tumour and that he would require a surgery, I would wake up every morning and thought it was just a nightmare. Now it seems the surgery was the least of our problem. What a bummer, we plan to go to Europe next year and we already bought tickets! 😞
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.