I desperately need support

Reeree1213
New Contributor

I desperately need support

Hey guys. First time poster. I have cervical and ovarian cancer myself. But I am here because my brother has been diagonised with stage 4 renal and lung cancer. In 2 weeks he has gone from a normal energetic smartass life loving brother to now in a wheelchair on oxygen. He has tried all the drugs nothing has worked. He goes for his first chemo tommorow but we have been told he has only weeks. I can't deal. He is only 34 years old, I'm struggling to come to terms that not only am I going to loose my brother and best friend. But why this could happen to such a amazing man,

5 REPLIES 5
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: I desperately need support

Hi ReeRee, I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you, but I just wanted to offer a supportive hello.  My husband was diagnosed with lymphoma in 2011, and I'm still benefiting from this forum.   You may also benefit from using the "I have cancer" aspect of the forum as well- you certainly deserve support for both issues.  I'm glad you found this forum, it's a great place to ask/vent/encourage with people who really understand.  Big hugs to you and your brother, love from Emily

0 Kudos
PUnderwood
Occasional Contributor

I can only echo the sentiments that Emily expressed up above and I hope that some kind words and positive energy helps lift your spirit a bit. I know it seems bleak right now and I can't even begin to imagine the toll that this is all taking on you. However, this community is here to help, I recently joined and from looking around I have seen how supportive everyone is. I hope that you are able to get the same support that will help ease the nature of your situation

0 Kudos
Reeree1213
New Contributor

unfortunently he passed away 30 minutes ago. So now the real pain begins 

little_stitcher
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry my dear Reeree.  We're all here for you, now more than ever.  Use evey resource available to you.  Sending huge hugs, Emily. xx

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Sending hugs and love @Reeree1213

We are here for you Heart

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.