I need 'learner plates' to shave my husband.

Dotty_and_Rex
Occasional Contributor

I need 'learner plates' to shave my husband.

OMG!have I been having lots of difficulty learning how to shave my husbands face and head.He has no energy to shave himself these days. I use an electric shaver as advised but it's trial and error thus far,I have used all the right attachments recommended. He told me I need a 'learners plate' he still has a great sense of humour haha. Honestly,have any of you wonderful carers out there got any tips for me on how to give a good shave? I would dearly love to get my 'P' plates. Gently gently. Dotty
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
exhausted
Contributor

Re: I need 'learner plates' to shave my husband.

You must be doing it right cos the main requirement is do it with love!
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

You are on learner's plates now . Your next step is P plates so that will be soon.
0 Kudos
Tina_Basson
New Contributor

Dear Dotty,as a community carer and aged care worker for many years I to had to shave some residents/clients as part of my job and I dont think I ever even got to L Plates so the fact that you are doing it and are going to progress to P Plates is great.Obviously Rex isnt complaining but being humourous about it means that you cant be to far off the mark,and think of the time you are spending doing this as fun and another piece of time for you and Rex. Huge hugs and wishes X
0 Kudos
Dotty_and_Rex
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Tina,I needed to hear that. Dotty
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.