Love of my life has passed away.

linda64
Occasional Contributor

Love of my life has passed away.

On Tuesday, 17 August 2010, my whole world fell apart. My husband, Tony (47) the love of my life and father of our 3 beautiful children (26, 22 & 20), lost his 4 year battle with colorectal cancer. He fought a long and hard battle but finally succumbed to this horrible disease last Tuesday at the Mater Hospice in Waratah surrounded by his loving family. I miss him so much. I cant even contemplate life without him. I'm taking 1 day at a time. I have lots of family and friends around supporting and helping me but its the little triggers, sitting and having tea and he is no longer sitting beside me............walking past the things I bought especially for him while grocery shopping.................. watching his favourite tv shows ............caring for him........................ We were married for 27 years, we were very rarely apart. I know I'll get thru this in time, and they say every day gets easier.................I HOPE SO. To those on the cancer rollercoaster I'm sending my love and best wishes to you. Linda.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
WishingStar
Contributor

Re: Love of my life has passed away.

So sorry to hear of your loss Linda, Thinking of you, Nicole
0 Kudos
jodielee12
Contributor

thinking of you and your family. take care Linda
0 Kudos
caring_partner
Occasional Contributor

Linda I am so sorry to hear your beloved has passed away. My husband has stage 4 colorectal cancer and we have just passed our 1st year on this journey. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care of yourself Regards Gail.
0 Kudos
larn75
Contributor

sending love an strength your way xxx
0 Kudos
Andrea
Occasional Contributor

Love and strength sent to you, the cancer rollercoaster is a bitch! Sincere condolences to you and your family. xx
0 Kudos
frangipani
Occasional Contributor

Linda, I am new to this site and listening to your story has brought a tear to my eye. I too am married for a long time and my husband does not leave my side. I am a breast cancer survivor and understand what you went thru with your husband. Be brave my darling and remember you are not alone. Keep writing to us and we will give you strength. We are so grateful for this site. Frangipani.
0 Kudos
benlisecca
Contributor

Dear Linda, Sending you love and courage. Sharon xxxxx
0 Kudos
gidget
Not applicable

DEAR LINDA I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL MY HUBBY THE LOVE OF MY LIFE MARRIED FOR 21 YEARS JUST PASSED AWAY ON HIS BIRTHDAY 13 OCT HE BATTLED STOMACH CANCER FOR 2 YEARS I WAS WITH HIM ALL THE WAY TO THE END HE WAS SO STRONG I MISS HIM SO MUCH I AM LOST I DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ON .I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS IT HURTS SO MUCH...xx HAYLEY
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Linda, I hope that 11 weeks on the pain and hurt is now not so raw. Hopefully someday soon when you sit and have your tea, you will look to the empty space beside you and smile and feel a warmth in your heart as you lovingly remember your Tony and the precious gift that your love and life together was. My thoughts are with you. Do not stand at my grave and weep I am not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond glints on snow, I am the sun on ripened grain, I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush I am the swift uplifting rush Of quiet birds in circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there; I did not die.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.