New to forum, scared to death. Throat cancer.

Roni
Occasional Contributor

New to forum, scared to death. Throat cancer.

Hi, I've just found this forum after reading a cancer council booklet. My darling daddy has just been told he has terminal throat cancer. I was coping for about a day and came home and fell in a heap. I'm not ready to lose him, I'm trying to stay strong for the family as I've always been the fixer in the family but I can't fix this. I'm scared of how much pain he is in, what is going to happen, I just can't bare the thought he will suffer but I know with this cancer he most certainly will. I have so many things running through my head. I'm scared, lost, angry. Reading these forums, I know I am not alone in my fear and pain but that doesn't make it any easier.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: New to forum, scared to death. Throat cancer.

Hi Roni I have had a head and neck cancer and happy to talk to you if you need a shoulder. Sorry to hear about your dad and sending you gentle hugs. Julie
0 Kudos
Sunshine006au
Contributor

Re: New to forum, scared to death. Throat cancer.

I feel your pain, my darling father also had throat cancer, please msg me if you need to chat, I am here for you xxx
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.