Support Groups

Leishie
New Contributor

Support Groups

Hello, My mother has just been diagnosed with cancer of the throat and tongue, I've been seeking to find her some support groups to join, however I am yet to come across any (aside for online of course). Can anyone recommend anything in Brisbane? Thank you, Leisha
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Support Groups

Hi Leisha I am sure the cancer council would have a group that your mother could get involved in. There is a lot of posts/information in the head and neck section on this site. It is called something else now, which I cannot recall at the moment (leaky brain moment, Kate?? haha). Sorry, but I have a headache right now and not thinking straight. Cheers Julie
0 Kudos
Leishie
New Contributor

Hello! Thank your for your response I appreciate it, a bit more investigating to do I think! Thanks again xx
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Marty posted somewhere that there is a support group for people with head or neck cancer in the Qld Cancer Council building at Bowen Hills on the second Tuesday every month at 6: 30 pm. Call the Cancer Council to check or go to on their Facebook page .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.