Support groups

pdjones
Occasional Contributor

Support groups

I was just wondering if anyone has a similar experience to me. My wife has stage IV NSCLC and is coming up to her eighth year since diagnosis which is incredible. However, I feel like we have become more and more isolated over this time. My wife has connected up with other people in a similar situation to herself. I was wondering if there are any carers in a similar situation to myself who’d like to get together for a chat and some support. More about company and sharing experiences than anything else.

1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Support groups

Hi @pdjones,

I hope both yourself and your wife are doing well today Heart

We have a telephone based support group for Carer's that I think might be a great fit for you, they meet twice a month over the phone. If you're interested in finding out a little bit more about it, please send an email to the team on tsg@nswcc.org.au or call them tomorrow on 1300 755 632.

Otherwise, feel free to send me an email at onlinecommunity@nswcc.org.au with your details and I would be more than happy to have one of the them call you Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Kate

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.