The Journey Has Ended

dragonwyk
Occasional Contributor

The Journey Has Ended

Hi all, I just want to say thank you to all those who have offered inspiration and support during Tony's journey down the rectal cancer road.  It has been greatly appreciated and he gained confidence from the successes of others. As I mentioned in a previous post, the surgery went extremely well and his recovery rate has been very pleasing to the surgical team.  Thursday lunch time he was moved from high dependency to a general ward. Unfortunately something happened - no one currently knows what - early on Anzac Day and the nursing staff on morning rounds found that he had passed away.  It was totally unexpected by us and the medical team. I guess these things just happen but it doesn't make it any less devastating. Christine
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mikey
Contributor

The Journey Has Ended

Christine, I'm shocked. Not nearly so much as you I'm sure. I hope you have good people around you to help at the moment. We're always here if you need someone to chat to or need to get something off your chest.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The Journey Has Ended

Oh Christine I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know in your last message you said that he was doing really well, it is is a massive shock. I really feel for you and your family & hope you have lots of support around you during this difficult time. Im not sure what else to say to you I just wish you all the best. And may Tony Rest in Peace. My thoughts are with you. Butterfly
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.