Things look grim

Roz
Occasional Contributor

Things look grim

Hi I am going out of my mind Hubby had just been told he has an epidural lesion with minor spinal compression at L1 , he has multpile spinla mets. He has a slight back ache but no other symptoms Our oncology appt is next Saturday but he has commenced on Dexamethazone. I am worried sick I dont think he realizes how serious it is. He has been told by his GP to do no lifting, 

I have been doing the whole Dr google thing to try and get information - so very scary. From what I read we prob have less then a year shit shit shit. I know i shoulnt google but man the waiting is so killing me . I cant sleep I cry at the drop of a hate I cant talk about it without cryingI do the telephone councilling which is amazing but we got the news just after my session. 

Worried sick Roz

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Things look grim

Hi Roz, most people on this forum would agree that this part absolutely sucks!!  My husband was diagnosed with lymphoma in 2011, and I remember that the period of diagnosis was more difficult than his chemotherapy, because at least once he had a firm diagnosis we knew what we were dealing with, and what we were not dealing with.  Before then every horrible situation seemed possible, all at once. 

All I can suggest is that you keep yourself busy until your appointment- you've just got to ride this out hour by hour.  Can you get another councilling session before the appointment?  It might be useful for managing your stress.  Know that you're not going crazy, it really does suck that much.  We're all here to support you.  Big hugs!  Emily

0 Kudos
Budgie
Super Contributor

Re: Things look grim

Hi Roz,

I agree with little_stitcher reguarding counselling.  It sounds like you're doing the worrying for the both of you &  could really use a good download session to get things off your chest.

Although Dr Google has given your hubbie less than 12 months, I would put very little stock in that, as everyone is different & responds to treatment differently.  

i wish you the best.

Budgie

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.