Young Widow

milli1595
New Contributor

Young Widow

I lost my husband 10 days ago to melanoma cancer. I am 27 and I guess I am now a single mum to our baby. I am looking to hear from anyone who is in/has been in a similar situation. Thanks
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: Young Widow

I am so sorry that you and your baby have lost your husband . I have not been through this so can't pretend to know your pain but you will hear from others who have or are expecting to go through similar . I hope you have lots of support from family and friends .
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

I'm so sad to hear of your loss. This website is a good place to come for support and sharing. Love to you and your baby.
0 Kudos
milli1595
New Contributor

Thank you Silly and Little Stitcher.
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

hi milli im so sorry to read ur dreadful news.. im 25 and my husband to b is 24, he has terminal cancer.. im not a widow... yet.... but i know how you must be feeling. Id love to hear from you, if you want to pm me? i hope your doing ok... it must b so hard for you with a bub 😞 we do not have children and prob will never have the chance to... take care xxx
0 Kudos
caring_partner
Occasional Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my husband to bowel cancer in November and unless you have lost the love of your life nobody else can understand what you are going through. You should join the following group www.everafterwidowed.com which is a site like this primarily for widows/widowers with young children but is extremely helpfull to anyone who has lost their partner. It is an Australian site and I'm sure you will find it beneficial. I have on numerous occassions as you read that what you are going through isn't crazy but very normal.Unfortuntely the site seems to be down just at the moment but do keep trying. My thoughts are with you and sending you cyber hugs. Regards Gail.
0 Kudos
Melanie
Contributor

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss 😞 I am not a widow, but a 30 yo carer to my husband with an inoperable brain tumour. We have 2 children, one 6 months old, one 3 yo. I hope you have family & friends supporting you at this time, you need to allow them to do so. I can't imagine how you are feeling, even though every day I choke on the thought that I too will be there very soon. Cuddle your baby, cry, and allow yourself to grieve.
0 Kudos
beck2930
Contributor

Hey, I lost the love of my life and father of my 3 children May 2011. Been also looking for people in the newcastle area in same situation as it would be nice to chat to someone that knows what I am going through and also what the children go through. I also have found this to be more beneficial than going to a counceller that says constantly and how does that make you feel, god if i heard that one more time. Anyway would be great to chat
0 Kudos
beck2930
Contributor

Hey, I lost the love of my life and father of my 3 children May 2011. Been also looking for people in the newcastle area in same situation as it would be nice to chat to someone that knows what I am going through and also what the children go through. I also have found this to be more beneficial than going to a counceller that says constantly and how does that make you feel, god if i heard that one more time. Anyway would be great to chat
0 Kudos
milli1595
New Contributor

Hi maddie, Melanie, Gail and beck, thanks so much for your responses. I am really sorry to hear about each of your situations. I will check out the everafter site, thanks Gail. Beck, I am in WA so would not be able to meet up, but would like to hear from any of you if you would like to PM me? Take care xo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.