new here

Not applicable

new here

Hello dear all, My name is Carrie and I have been a caregiver to my aunt for several years now. She suffers from melanoma, therefore, I`ve joined this community to find out more about this cancer and the people who had experienced this. As I`ve been particularly interested in latest medicine discoveries myself, I`m always willing to share experience or just listen. In these years I have met many wonderful people diagnosed with various types of cancer, so I can kind of understand what you all are going through. Much love to you all and I hope to get to know many of you soon:) Carrie
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Sunshine006au
Contributor

Re: new here

Hi Carrie, thanks for the friend request 🙂
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Hi, despite the circumstances it's nice to meet new people here. It's good to just listen to others at times but I like it when people talk to each other as well. Often I can't answer questions that someone asks but I can just say something that shows I am reading their post. I think this helps in a small way.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Welcome! I`m waiting for your updates! 🙂
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for greetings, Silly! And I totally agree, that it`s nice to develop a conversation between the forum members 🙂
0 Kudos
Sunshine006au
Contributor

It makes a huge difference to know that your posts are being read, at the moment this is my only outlet & I cherish the responses I get,just makes the days seem a little easier to cope with 🙂
0 Kudos
Not applicable

I totally agree, that its very comforting when your posts are being read. Just wanted to say that you should feel free to write down here all the emotions you are going through. That`s why we are here for. :) btw - I`m the same 'CarrieB', dunno why my account was blocked.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.