Hi...from another newbie

smartyaligatorp
Contributor

Re: Hi...from another newbie

this is such a dreadful debilitating disease. confusion has taken over his mind. when he is awake which is in short periods of 5 minutes every few hours he is confused, annoyed and in so much pain. nurses come twice a week now for his wound dressings. he won't accept my assistance with offers of food, physical nor emotional support. all the recommendations are to make memories, talk and capture positive moments - this is just so difficult and unachieveable. i don't want to be a victim too - I just want to - goodness...what I want just isn't achieveable anymore.
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

The villan was just too powerful my darling....you fought valliantly, ferociously and for so very very long. Go with the angels my love....no more pain. We know that you will always know what you mean to us and how much we love you and we know you did all you could to protect and support us with your love. We love you forever. Death may have taken you from us physically but for all eternity you will never be far from us and will always be with us. xxx
0 Kudos
Roni
Occasional Contributor

It is a horrible disease, but when things are where they are for you it is so very very important to look after yourself. It's not selfish, it is human nature to survive, and you must do that. I won't judge you, far from it, I understand how difficult it is and sometimes the thoughts that come into your head are difficult to comprehend, but don't punish yourself... If you need to get anything off your chest you can call me on .... Thinking of you.
0 Kudos
Roni
Occasional Contributor

My heart goes out to you, and my condolences to you and your family.... He will always be with you....
0 Kudos
purpleangels
Contributor

G'day Amanda! Love and hugs and support and understanding coming to you......cancer is tough.....and unrelenting! Take care of yourself over the coming weeks and months...it does get easier.......just takes a long time to build a new normal............ I lost my husband in February.......my condolences and may you find some peace now too!! PA
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

then today craig's mum passed away. this is all too much!
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

I hurt for you my friend. xx
0 Kudos
purpleangels
Contributor

Thinking of you......hope you have gotten some rest and peace.........and find some time to laugh in the sadness.......laugh and remember the good times.......it isn't easy at all.....but it does help......a psychologist told me once ( and I have since read this) that laughter and tears come from the same energy.......so i usually start off crying....and make myself remember something hilarious and then cack myself......and then I feel much better!! Weird but hope this help!! PA XXX
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

so very alone so tired so sad
0 Kudos
purpleangels
Contributor

Hey there Smartyaligatorpants! I am sitting in my kitchen willing my daughter to go to sleep so I can go to bed and just collapse in a heap........ Thinking of you and sending positive hugs your way........ Be super kind to yourself!!!! And cry and cry and cry........it will make you feel better and it will pass......... Take care of yourself!! PA XXX
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.