Hi...from another newbie

smartyaligatorp
Contributor

Re: Hi...from another newbie

Yesterday was my husband and daughters birthdays. I found myself crying in the card store - was the first day that I didn't buy a birthday card for my husband...how to stop the tears from spilling over I just don't know.
0 Kudos
Minx
Contributor

I don't know how to stop the tears once they start, I'm there right along side of you. I'm not looking forward to any anniversaries... this week is the 2nd anniversary of Petes diagnosis fresh in my mind like yesterday, but can't remember our last week at home together that well...
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

Oh Minx, I am so sad to hear your pain. My heart is sore for knowing that you and others are in the midst of the heart ache. I also have difficulty recalling the time spent with my husband. The final two weeks at home were difficult - I try to focus on the positives of knowing I was attempting to accommodate his desires - to stay at home = but the acceptance of the support (hospital bed downstairs, etc) his deteriatoration was very quick. I am now, with counselling, am trying to accept that he was so very unwell for so long and that the end days (which were 2 after entry to palliative care) were not something I caused - but were the dreadful and tragic disease. I am working on developing coping strategies...attempting to recall positive memories and am seeking to go through our items to create a memory book/box/etc for physical recall - something my counsellor recommended....but it sure is one step at a time with so many many hurdles to jump that at times it just seems to much. But everyone says time heals - but that also is scary too. Please take care and know that we are all hear for you.
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

i am finding it so difficult. i can barely function at times...
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

smartyalligatorpants sending you strength and hugsss ... don't let cancer get the last word! Julie xo
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Hi Amanda, I'm sorry it's so hard. We're all cheering you on. love Emily xx
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

now to hear my sole relative - aunt in melbourne has gone missing....she had enough of her supported accommodation and is now on the missing persons list - ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

difficult day

I finally took the effort and ordered the urns to scatter craig's remains. they arrived today. the box is huge, i haven't unwrapped it yet, just put it in the lounge room...just can't take it further at present. i may just leave it all boxed up and take it like that to the funeral parlour for them to organise it - might be a little easier on me at the moment. then i will attend to scattering some of the ashes where he loved to fish....not easy.
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

...gulp-- my hand is on your shoulder. x
0 Kudos
smartyaligatorp
Contributor

christmas day was dreadful - 3 months since Craig died. I can barely think, I just find myself silently screaming or sitting in the empty house with tears sliding silently down my face....how much pain, lonliness, anxiety and sadness can one handle? when and how does a new normality commence - one without this dagger in my heart 24/7?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.