Survivors and their stories

April
Occasional Contributor

Survivors and their stories

Hi everyone. Today I found out that my dear friend's mother has liver cancer. I am a true believer in the power of positive thinking and desperately would like to send his mother a book or something that has been put together of the survivors out there and their success stories. I really want to to help this lady believe that she has a chance in fighting this disease. Does anyone know of any good books that I could take a look at? Many thanks April.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
SamR
Occasional Contributor

Re: Survivors and their stories

Hi April, So sorry to hear this sad news. Having support from friends as well as family is really important. I read this book, which I found in a card shop, "Stronger than Cancer" by Connie Payton, published by Compendium Inc.... and it really helped me - a cancer survivor for over 9yrs now. I think it is available on Amazon. Hope the treatment plan will be successful - staying positive throughout the treatment really does help, but it is easier said than done. I found focussing on nature a big help, thinking about the seasons and viewing the diagnosis/treatment phase as the "winter" of the journey, with "Spring" & "Summer" to look forward to. Sam
0 Kudos
Gai
New Contributor

Re: Survivors and their stories

Hi April I am sorry to read that your friend's mother is affected by cancer. I would suggest that you have a look at Petrea King's book on Amazon (link below) or on the Quest for Life site (link below). Petrea is an amazing and inspirational women who has outcome many challenges including Leukemia. Quest also offers a number of services that you can find on the site as well that support people with cancer. Gai http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=petrea+king http://www.questforlife.com.au/petreas-books
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.